- We share an immense pride in the many important products made by New York’s forest products companies and employees and are committed to promoting the public value of those products and the renewable resource from which they originate.
- We believe that the success of our businesses is dependent on the expertise of management, the productivity of our employees and an understanding at all levels of our operations of the importance of sustainable forestry to the health of our environment and individual businesses.
- We are committed to continuous improvement at all levels of our forestry and manufacturing operations so that New York’s forest products industry remains quality-focused, environmentally conscious and strategically competitive.
- We value and respect the rights of private landowners to manage their lands to their benefit and that of their families, and we encourage them to employ the services of a forester to assist them in realizing their management objectives.
- We are committed to working closely with landowners, timber harvesters and others involved in the management of forestland to ensure that those forests are managed on a sustainable basis to the benefit of today’s and future generations.
- We are committed to proactively educating the public, media and government officials regarding the tremendous importance of New York’s forest products industry to the availability of high-quality, affordable paper and wood products; to the environmental health of our state’s forests; and to the economic health of many rural New York communities.
- We are committed to providing ESFPA members with real value for their membership dollars and to improve service to members and continuously expand our membership.
Goals and Objectives
- Monitor state and local legislative and agency actions that impact the forest products industry and work toward implementing those policies to meet the mission of the Association.
- Provide a forum for dialogue between the forest products industry and opinion leaders, legislators, other interest groups and the general public.
- Foster better public understanding of the forest products industry and its contributions to the economy and the environment.
- Provide a forum for dialogue within the forest products community.
- Serve as representative of the forest products industry
- Meet membership needs within the context of the Association's mission.
The Empire State Forest Products Association (ESFPA) is a non profit organization for businesses and individuals, is dedicated to improving the business climate for the forest products industry while promoting management of New York's forests to meet the resource needs of today and for future generations.